TIPS FOR BUILDING A DUAL OCCUPANCY PROPERTY OR DUPLEX
When planning to build a dual occupancy or duplex property it is important to enlist a building company with a proven track record at designing and constructing this type of development. Council requirements vary for building dual occupancies and duplexes so it is important to confirm with your builder that 2 units can be built on your land.
- Minimum lot size for dual occupancies or duplexes
- The northerly aspect and slope of the land
- Draining stormwater from the site
- Subdivision requirements
- Recent duplex sales in the area
- If you are planning to rent out the duplex, it is important to appoint the right property managing agent to maximise rental yields and find the right tenants